use your time wisely
Do you ever feel like you know just enough about seniors to be dangerous? Let's see if we can fill in some of the gaps with the latest info from seniors experts.
Do you feel you're too busy to sit down in the evening? When your kids are around, do you feel you're unable to devote the time and attention to them that you would like to? What about at work, do you feel swamped and can't get things done? As you read over the list below, choose the ones that waste the most time for you and circle them. Then, think about ways that you can take back the time these things waste for you.
1. Attempting to do too much
2. Checking your email continually
4. Disorganized - messy environment
5. Doing the same things over and over again
6. Doing too many things
9. Misplacing things
10. Not being able to say 'No'
11. Not letting anyone else help you do things
12. Not planning ahead
13. Not setting priorities
Knowledge can give you a real advantage. To make sure you're fully informed about seniors, keep reading.
14. Over planning and over thinking
16. Poor time management
18. Reading junk mail and junk email
19. Reading unnecessary material
20. Shopping, shopping, shopping
21. Talking on the telephone to friends
22. Too many meetings
23. Too tired
24. Travel time to/from work
25. Watching too much television
This list is in no way exhaustive. Add some things of your own and get to work on eliminating your time wasters and enjoying life more.
Now you can be a confident expert on seniors. OK, maybe not an expert. But you should have something to bring to the table next time you join a discussion on seniors.